Unum LTD Insurance Denial
The average American buys long-term disability insurance to help cover the costs of medical bills and other expenses related to treating a potentially life-changing injury or disability. Unfortunately, these long-term disability claims often are denied.
Unum LTD is one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, with more than 17 million insurance policies to show for it. However, some policyholders with this company have filed lawsuits against them because Unum denied their long-term disability insurance claims. Many policyholders that are filing the lawsuits claim that they were denied without merit. Our long term disability attorneys can help you to understand your rights and seek compensation if your case warrants it.
Policyholders may even be eligible for additional benefits if their long-term disability claim has been denied or if it first was granted and then terminated. At Greg Jones & Associates, we have lawyers that specialize in long-term disability claims. We know how important long-term disability money is to those who are suffering from health problems. We understand that policyholders need this money to help cover their personal expenses and medical costs when they get injured or suffer through long-term disabilities. That is why we are always ready to fight.
Common Insurance Company Denial Tactics to Watch Out For:
- Some might change their policies after a claim has been filed without the policyholder’s knowledge or agreement
- Some might purposely misread medical records and hire their own medical examiners who speak only on the company's behalf
- Some might force claimants to undergo repeated medical exams in hopes of finding discrepancies
- Some might deny disability claims without even examining claimants
- Some might not acknowledge specific disabilities as being real, including mental disorders, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Some may argue a claimant's disability was preexisting
- Some only pay only partial claims
- Some even have hired friends, relatives and detectives to spy on claimants in hopes of refuting any claims
Unum’s Affiliated Companies' Disability Insurance Policies
Unum LTD is affiliated with other companies; if you are a policyholder of any of these companies, Or disability insurance lawyers may be able to help you with your long-term disability claim, as well.
Unum sells its policies under different names, including:
- Paul Revere Life Insurance Company
- First Unum Life Insurance Company
- Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company
- Provident Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- First Unum Provident Corp.
Our Long-term Disability Lawyers Can Help
If you have recently filed a claim and been denied by Unum or any of its affiliate companies, Our long-term disability attorneys may be able help you get the money you might be entitled to. Our disability lawyers will fight hard so that you won’t have to. Long term insurance denial clients of Greg Jones & Associates pay absolutely nothing for our legal services until money is awarded to the client.
Inform your friends and family...
If you think your family, friends or colleagues might find this website helpful, please share it with them via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or any of the other popular social networking and/or social bookmarking sites by simply clicking below.